August 12, 2008

Working from home

As more companies look at telecommuting, I have to agree I would love the option even if just for one day a week. For some reason, it makes a huge difference just by being in PJs, pink slippers and at our home computer.

Tuesday was such a day for me. Though filled with the typical frustrations of a job and managing people, it was easier to take a deep breath and look out the window for two seconds before sending that reply that could have gotten me fired (not quite that bad!).

It also allowed me time to cook a more complex dinner as I could take out ingredients through the day, marinade as needed and look up recipes based on what's in the house.

I also got an extra 3 hours to do things I wanted instead of sitting on a train commuting into work.

No comments: