August 19, 2008

Tropic Thunder

Tuesday night, we headed out for a romantic dinner and movie. I love a small shopping area called Fair Oaks near out house. it has a bunch of strip malls, cool stand alone restaurants and of course a Barnes & Noble.

I had a Mexican food craving, since these food cravings are rare Greg let me have my choice. We hit up Uncle Julio's with patio seating. In keeping with our sharing of food, we got the combo fajitas for two. I had a cool glass of fruity sangria and Greg had some tasty margarita on the rocks. After dinner, we took a stroll by the kids playing in a fountain to drop the leftovers off in the car.

Then we went to see the romantic comedy Tropic Thunder. Just Kidding, while hilarious this was not a romantic comedy. I had my doubts after watching the trailer. With critics and friends all saying how awesome the movie was and Greg wanting to see it, I decided to to give it a try.

Robert Downy Jr. did an awesome job acting (yes acting), and there are a bunch of known actor cameos through the movie. From the first pre-movie commercials it has us near tears with laughter.

No comments: