August 4, 2008

Nikky's Bachelorette Party

This weekend was a bachelorette party for a good friend from college days at American University. She was good friends with Greg at first, but she and I became friends in our own right shortly there after.

It was a fun group of girls some of whom I knew and some I was meeting for the first time. All pretty easy going with the primary thought how to make sure Nikky has a good time.

The girls took her to see the finger lakes of NY and taste some wines. As the growing season is short and the frost sets in early up north, the wines are super sweet. Each winery did a good job of adding their on twist fruit, chocolate, etc. most all of the tastings were either free or $5 with the money going towards your first purchase. We have a good driver who made sure we hit a bunch of stops, but stopped to get the much needed water and lunch in our stomachs as well.

Our B&B was run by a older woman in the small town of Interlaken. We were able to rent one entire house as there were 12 girls all bunked together. This also allowed us to be a little more noisy in the evenings and not worry about waking other guests up.

I had to rent a car, so the drive from and to Rochester I could not take many photos. Leaving to head back to the airport there was a storm moving in that looked awesome. The clouds were slowly rolling over the fields casting their ominous shadow.

All around it was a great trip. Luckily I was on USAirways, so I was able to check a bag packed with tasty wines without paying any extra fees.

No comments: