August 14, 2008

Nationals vs. NY Mets

Well, we headed to the Nats baseball field again last night. A good friend of mine had bought a coupon book for tickets this season. Turns out not to be a bad deal except you have to go to a lot game or get a large group together to get your return on the money.

It was an different group from our normal crowd. I really liked it as I got to see Kaela, our good friend who organized it, and a few of her German met up friends. I am happy to report I was able to explain most everything about the game, though there were a few points I had to defer to Greg. He actually played the sport where as I learned from watching Scott play growing up.

Last night we ended up leaving after the 7th inning stretch. Not because of the weather - it was cool, with a little wind and a big bright moon. The air quality was also clear, as we could see the Washington Monument from the baseball field.

We left since it was 12 - 0. And no the Nationals were not winning. Granted they were playing the NY Mets. It was still hard to watch innings of the Nats pitchers walking a few players home. The stadium's acoustics were also increasing the level of boo's as these sorts of errors occurred. Eventually I think most fans just gave up as not worth the energy. With a build-a-bear, good food options and a playground, most left the stands for non-baseball watching activities.

They are still a young team though, and I have decided to claim them as my baseball team. On the note, Go Nats! Maybe one day there will be a championship for you.

No comments: