The Nationals were crushed by the Phillies at last nights baseball game. I have to admit I am not surprised as the Nats have been doing poorly the entire series.... their entire history, but I can hope for a change.
As I have now lived in the DC metro area for well over 10 years, I can honestly claim a right to cheer for the Nats. Even though they may have a streak similar to the O's.

The photo is in front of the new stadium down by the Navy Yard in DC. As soon as you step off the metro, it is obvious that money has poured into the surrounding area. It looks to be a small yuppie ville very soon. I have to admit it would have been nice to see some historical buildings last, but apparently the bulldoze everything to the ground theory won out.
The stadium it self is cool, and the circle platform above the Nationals Park sign is actually a bar in center field. They have started SRO tickets that can be purchased day of and allow seating at the bar. It almost had the feeling of the Orioles stadium without a warehouse taking up one side.
No comments:
Post a Comment