Tonight we went out to a wonderful dinner at House of Kabob in Springfield, VA. It was a smaller world of food with just Michaela, Trina, Tim, Greg and I. It turned out to be just right the number. As is the norm, no one knew what was the authentic dishes on the menu.
Luckily, the waitress was easy to chat with and very helpful and describing dishes and drinks. The restaurant was also set up for family style dinners with appetizers, entrees and desserts chosen by you.
At first it looked like we may leave hungry. The appetizers came on little plates with one or a half piece of each item for everyone at the table. Then came the salads and a refill on the drinks. By the time our entrees were ready to come out we were starting to fill full. When the platters of raisin rice, beef stew, beef kabob, lamb kabob, eggplant stewed (my choice!) and naan.
To wash all this down the girls (Michaela, Trina and I) tried a traditional yogurt drink. It was a little sour and salty. I am not a yogurt person, so it may have been fantastic for someone else.
Dessert we moved around the plate, but then boxed a bunch of it up for Trina husband along with the left over entree items.
It is defiantly a place I would go back to, and from the other patrons is an friendly, welcoming and delicious place that has people returning for family dinner or a large event.
No comments:
Post a Comment