June 4, 2008

Kat's Birthday

The birthday fun continued today even though I had to attend work. My marketing coworkers took me to a three story converted town house restaurant near the GW campus. Sadly, it was also a party to celebrate a co-workers departure. We know he will excel at the new firm, and his wife will be happy with the family friendliness of it.

After that it was back to work for a couple hours with lots of 'happy birthday' floating around my ears as I walked the halls.

Tonight I was to get a special treat at Villa Bella (best Italian joint in the DC area!) and my presents. As I am now firmly in my late 20's I figured it was a good time to test my patientce. I have been hording my presents and cards and will open them all tonight at one time.

I got my presents, but tornadoes in the DC area left VB without power. It also left trees across the VRE tracks. As comfy a ride as they provide, I did not want to be stuck ont he train for a few hours trying to get home. Greg came to the rescue by asking Trina to pick us up. She and Ethan having been without power for a few hours already drove out to meet us and have dinner at Bertucci's. They have decent Italian but corporate style.

Greg did awesome last weekend with my surprise birthday trip, so the weather and friends with dinner made it just right for tonight's celebration.

No comments: