June 19, 2008

Football Teasing

For everyone the start football is different for some it is spring training, for some it is the first pre season game, for some it is when the Superbowl happens*. For me it is the first pre season game; however, the start of the building tension starts when tickets go on sale.

Today that tension started, but to a much lesser degree then in past years. I would wait at the desk for the clock to strike 10 am and with phone and computer see if I could be one of those lucky few to nab just two seats to an Eagles game. This year Ticketmaster thrilled those of us without season tickets by mandating each person could only purchase 4 tickets for the season at this time. This was to allow more individuals access, and cut down on the scalping issues.

Unfortunately, I do not think they worked all the issues out of the system before today. I was careful to only have one window open. I chose 4 tickets for a certain game and Ticketmaster slapped me in the face! A huge error popped up stating I was over my limit. Confusion quickly lead to anger. This was supposed to make it easier, but now I am just ticked off as I know others are getting those seats I wanted while I have to deal with they system miss reading that I have exceeded my limit.

I found I was not the only one disappointed in such a way.

In a couple weeks they shall release the SRO (Standing room only) tickets. These tend to be cheaper, but still with awesome views of both the actual game and the fights on the concession level.

So for now I will wait till that first whistle signals the thrill of a new season, and continue to sing "Tomorrow..."


*This last group is not counted as true football fans, but I wanted to get a full spectrum.

No comments: