May 14, 2008

Mother's Day

This weekend found us driving to Jersey for some quality family time. We spent Friday night and most of the day Saturday with Sandy at her place just relaxing and catching up. Phones are great for keeping in touch, but nothing beats a glass of wine and chatting in person.

Saturday afternoon we headed to Greg's HS for the 10 year reunion. His group of close friends were not present at the event, but it gave me time to see where Greg lived for 12 years and some of the other names he has mentioned over our time together.

The group was an odd mix of personalities, but there seemed to be a constant 'no one had really changed.' Approaching the big 3-0, I am okay with someone stating I'm an not that changed from high school. It means at core the same person is there inside, and I happen to like her. Things change and hopefully improve. This group was no different as even with a core standard each person seemed to have their updates: new career, new love, new home, etc.

Luckily, Gilpin was in town and free that night. He beat us back to Sandy's place, but we were able to sit and chat for a couple hours. Again, a conversation about friends and life updates that was just easier since we were in the same living room.

Mother's day was spent calling Sandy Graham and the usual tour de Rollins. Starting at Greg's mom's house with lunch for the troops, and then over to his dad's house for dinner and balloon blow up with that side.

Missed my mom this weekend, but I know she was happy with Scott, Kritsit and Bryson in TX. I know the new mom, Kristi, had to appreciate the extra hands as well.

No comments: