This past weekend we flew from the nations capitol to Houston TX. There we got to spend four days with my nephew, brother, sister-in-law and father.
We left Thursday evening. I was a little concerned as holiday flying is always an experience. The holidays mean 80% of all planes have airport etiquit flunkys roaming around. I normally try to help those who seem lost or confused or just panicked in today's travel system. When standing at the gate, they announced in multiple languages to board only when your row is called several times. I had to just stand out of the way as it took three continental folks to settle the crowd, move them back from the gate, get the correct people on the correct plane and tag all the excess boxes and luggage that would not fit in the cabin of the plane. We only ended up being 15 minutes late, but then I showed my green horns at Bush Int'l and went to the wrong exit. Scott eventually found us though.
A movie on the plane made the three hours go by quicker. It was 'Drillbit Taylor' which I am now glad I did not rent. Though it did make me upset that part of my airfare went towards getting the rights and actually showing this film.
I think it may have been obvious that Kat wanted to spend time with everyone, but her primary mission was getting time with Bryson. We had a fun time hitting Galveston for the fireworks and a cool kabob style BBQ on Friday. It rained off and on each day it actually kept the temperature in the low 90's.
We hit the Lake Jackson area and saw some of the other sites around Houston. It was Greg's third time in the city, but one was during the Eagles/ Texans football game. As expected, Scott was the perfect host and set up a TV in the trunk for Greg to watch the game while the rest of us saw TX. This year he can now say he saw and heard more of the history of the area.
The movie on the way home was Penelope: the story of the pig girl. It was a little odd but it had a good message. The turkey snack put me right to sleep post movie, so it was a quick and easy flight.
No comments:
Post a Comment