July 14, 2008

Birthday Memories

Saturday we saw Hellboy II. Our opinion seemed to be: loved the world the new director created, overall liked it more then the first one, dialogue even more campy then the first. After swinging back through our place, we headed over to a firends house so Greg could have an audience to blow out the candles on his ice cream cake. The comment of the night, "You have done for ice cream what casseroles did for dinner."

Sunday was a day filled with the boys going out to shoot skeet and trap while the wife stayed home and cooked.

I have to admit happiness at the edible beef wellington I created. There is still some tweaking needed to make it a better recipe for us, but overall not too shabby I think. This is only the second time I have attempted beef wellington as it does take a few hours from scratch.

Monday Greg opened his gifts and wore his boots (another present). He ordered the new computer to go along with the game. It should arrive on Wednesday and the spiffy new monitor on Friday.

With bigger toys the present pile gets smaller. So far this has not been an issue for us, but it shorten that excitement at seeing a pile of presents to rip open. Greg was done in about 5 minutes.

No comments: