March 9, 2009

Houston Rodeo

This weekend we headed to Houston, Texas for some good old rodeo fun. We also got to see family :)

We went to rodeo Friday night, which worked out perfectly. During the day we were able to walk around the rodeo exhibition hall. As it was a work day, most of the floor was empty, but it started to fill up fast the closer to the end of the day we got.

We met up with our inside guy (Scott) shortly before the rodeo events started. He got us in and upstairs for an awesome viewing spot. I had never actually watched a full rodeo and have to admit I did not realize all the points that could be evaluated. I think Greg and I liked the 'Mutton Bustin' event the most. Part of the was the novelty of it, and part of it was the sheer hilarity of it.

They took 4-7 year olds with helmets and had them hold onto a sheep. The sheep was released into a small pen. The kid just had to hold on and there was little danger of injury. It was still funny to watch. The kid who won seemed so proud and even stated how proud he knew his dad would be!



The other part of the weekend was the fun to be had with family. Even though Bryson seems to get sick when we come around it was an awesome time. On the ride home Greg started chuckling and when asked why he responded: "I was just remembering laying down in front of Bryson this morning and waiting for him to look up and notice me. When he did, he got that huge smile, then held out his hand and waved. Then he did his head butt into the floor when I said hi and waved back."



Yep a very good trip!!

No comments: