November 2, 2008

Halloween

Halloween actually fell on the weekend this year which means free ride was in effect. This is a safe drinking policy run by the taxi services around DC. While they run the program every year, when the party night falls on the same night as the actual holiday in this case Halloween, people really use the program.


This year Greg went as a Phillies player. We even had a red bat for him to carry around, but he refused the white player pants.


I went with a large letter B around my neck and a bloodied sword. Yes, I was a killer bee. I found it hilarious, and so did the non-English speaking friends at Kaela's party Friday night.

We were able to stay at home for the first and second wave of tricker treaters, but we needed to get ready for a party. We were then that house with the bowl of candy and a sign stating 'please take one.' Not wanting the left over candy, we were figuring the first group of kids would just dump the pile into a pillow case. Instead we arrived back home to almost all of the candy still there on the doorstep.

I have now gotten to take in bunches of candy to the office. Luckily, I have a new neighbor at the office who likes chocolate.

No comments: